Welcome to Ichthus Motor Services, Forest Hill, London


Frequently Asked Questions

Please see below our frequently asked questions, if you have any questions please get in touch with us.

Motor Mission offer vehicles to Missionaries belonging to a bonafide Christian missionary society who agree to and believe in the UK Evangelical Alliance’s Statement of Faith;

Ordained Christian ministers visiting the UK who also uphold the statement of faith;

Any person who is reasonably seen to be resident in the UK is not entitled to use a vehicle, even if that person works full/part-time for a Missionary Society.

For as long or short as you like usually. We appreciate your need of the vehicle and seek to help whilst here in the UK. If your stay turns into a permanent one then we give you time, thee months maximum, to find an alternative vehicle if you still need one. We would mention, of course, that Ichthus Motor Services sells cars at a discount price to ex missionaries etc.

Due to the increasing cost of insurance, the current rate is £ 200 a month plus 13p a mile + VAT. Pro-rata rate applies if hire more than 30 days. Minimum term is 30 days.

Book early to avoid disappointments. Our booking system takes dates as far in to the future as you like. Generally a few days will suffice but if you want to beat the rush at Christmas and the dreaded Summer hols get your name down just as soon as you can.

A booking confirmation will be emailed to you within 24 hours after submitting the request online. We treat booking dates as approximate as a.) your flights may be re-arranged and b.) we may not have a car ready just at that time. We never offer cast iron guarantees a car will be ready on a day until a few days before but for over 30 years running this ministry we always do our best to provide the requested car according to requested pick updates. if your itinerary just can’t cope with that scenario you should have a contingency plan in place.

A valid driving license issued anywhere within the European Union (EU), or European Economic Area (EEA) may be used by the license holder.

If you are a non-UK/EU/EEA driving license holder, any valid driving permit issued elsewhere in the world is accepted

We accept payment by cash, debit and credit card. Sorry we do not accept cheques.

Sorry but no. This is because if it breaks down the cost of recovery to the UK may exceed the car value and the travel insurance company will simply ‘write the car off’.

Yes, your foreign driving license is valid in the UK for 12 months but you don’t need to have an International Driving License (IDP) but if your license issued from your own country has been issued in a language other than English, you may want to consider buying one before coming to the UK. An IDP is an internationally recognized form of identification, carrying your name, photo and driver information – in 10 languages. It does not replace your license-which you should carry with you if you intend to drive but it can be used to communicate with authorities who speak a language different from the one in which your driver’s license is issued.